Beautifully colored with sizable horns, this Mouflon sheep will make a fine addition to any taxidermy collection or simply as a decor item for your home or office with an outdoorsy decor theme. His long coat is mottled with shades or brown tan and caramel. He is posed in an upright and alert pose looking slightly to his right. The face is nicely detailed and the horns are heavy with an attractive luster.
- Product Rating: Excellent
- Mount: 14" wide X 18" deep X 23" tall
- Horns: Left 23.25" around the curl, Right 22.5" around the curl, 8" bases
- Hangs from a single wall mount, included
- Free Shipping in the Continental U.S.
About the Mouflon Sheep
Scientific Name: Ovis orientalis
The mouflon (Ovis orientalis orientalis group) is a subspecies group of the wild sheep (Ovis orientalis). Populations of O. orientalis can be partitioned into the mouflons (orientalis group) and the urials (vignei group). The mouflon is thought to be the ancestor for all modern domestic sheep breeds.